Friday, February 19, 2010

Lone Silver Sequin


I stepped out of the shower today to find a lone silver sequin twinkling up at me from my fluffy turquoise bathmat. Hello, I thought, how did you get there? I haven't worn sequins in ages and I haven't used it in my artwork in eons. And then I started to mentally kick myself for swearing off Facebook during Lent because I wanted to pose this question to my friends online.


I could already imagine their responses. The ladies would definitely answer. I already know whose answers will be imaginatively funny and whose will be sarcastic and borderline lewd. The men, however, will remain silent on this subject. None of them will want to risk revealing their secret sequins fetishes.


It's a shame that in our society sequins can only be respectably worn by straight women, gay men, figure skaters and ballroom dancers. Look at the number of supposedly straight football players who have participated on Dancing With The Stars and have confessed to loving their be-sequined costumes. I mean really, wouldn't our lives be much happier and brighter if everyone could incorporate sequins into their every day wardrobes?


I want to know the answers to questions like these, but more importantly; I want to know why that lone silver sequin wasn't on my bathmat before I got into the shower.

No comments: