Friday, March 26, 2010

Where Am I?

Some of my family members and I participate in location sharing with Google Latitude. I think it's a rather fun application and it makes it very interesting to follow family members when they're traveling. Sometimes though, as with all technology, blips occur. I don't know how many times I've been tempted to call my son and ask if he threw his wife off a bridge or if she just decided to jump because according to Latitude, she got out of the car at the river and he kept going. (Of course that's not what happened in real life.)

And even now, according to Latitude, which I keep on my Google homepage, I'm not at home in my office typing this. Nope. I'm 80 miles away from home doing only God knows what. And funnily enough, this happens almost every morning. My location is transmitted from my phone and my phone is in my pocket, so how is it my transmitted location is off by 80 miles?

So my question for the universe today is this: do our cell phones have virtual souls that participate in astral projection? And if so, why doesn't mine have a better imagination?

No comments: